Can you get really aroused when high? Can others smell it?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Kiritolover59
Pronouns: She/her

Can you get really aroused when high? Can others smell it?

Unread post by Kiritolover59 »

Hi! I would get high with my friends and I started to notice that I was hyper aware of like everything. And I started to feel like everything I touch or touch me puts me in a state of arousal that I control I think. I’m not sure if this is tmi but I always felt very wet and like I’m leaking? I’m not sure. And idk if it’s because I was paranoid but I felt like I was being watched and talked about when I was not paying attention. Would they be able to smell this? Is this normal? Is there anything I could do to fix this? Thank you!
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Can you get really aroused when high? Can others smell it?

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi Kiritolover59,

Yes, getting high can make you aroused. It increases your senses (like touch, as you mentioned) and lowers your inhibitions. This is not an unusual experience, and I don't think there's anything you can do to stop it, other than not do it around friends if you are concerned about their possible reactions. Also, the feeling of paranoia when high is common as well, so maybe your friends didn't notice anything at all, and I don't think they could've smelled anything. I know this might not have been the answer you're looking for, but again, you might just want to consider the pros and cons of the situation here to see if you are comfortable to continue doing this around friends.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Can you get really aroused when high? Can others smell it?

Unread post by Heather »

Hi there! I just need to remind you that if it's not legal in your area or at your age to be getting high via whatever way you're doing that, we ask users in the guidelines/use agreement not to post about it publicly here for your own safety as well as for our liability. If you really want to ask about it, you can just say you're asking for a friend.

If what you have posted is something that isn't lawful, please ask us to remove your post.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic