Will i get pregnant?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Apurvax
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Will i get pregnant?

Unread post by Apurvax »

Me and my bf had our first time on the 7th day of my period. It was both of our first times. We had foreplay and we made sure that he had condom when he was naked. We tried a lot but his penis couldn't enter my vagina. But the problem is that the condom was slipping and coming up a little bit and and whenever we noticed that we rolled the condom down and tried to insert but it was not entering. He just rubbed my vagina with condom on penis and he came inside the condom. The cum was filling inside the condom and i didnt see any leakage oru spilling of cum outside. Now iam scared that when the condom slipped a bit ( it didn't completely slip off), his precum might have been came in contact with my genitals. Iam really scared i didint took plan b because it might mess up my cycle and i wasn't sure whether it was needed or not. Please help me.
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Will i get pregnant?

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Apurvax- welcome to the boards!

From what I understand of your question, I think there isn't a risk of pregnancy here. Still, it is important to make sure condoms fit well. Perhaps your partner could try a smaller size of condom- that could prevent it from slipping.

(Just in case you'd like to read it, here is our article on the basics of condom usage)

Let us know if you have any other questions!
Apurvax
not a newbie

Unread post by Apurvax »

Thankyouu so muchh . It was a great relief to hear this. I can't thank enough.
So i dont have to worry right?.. i was so scared and i was not even able to have food due to this anxiety.

I would like to add one more thing my bf cuddled me from the back lying on bed again with condom on his penis, his penis was touching my vagina and i don't know whether it slipped a bit at that time and i dont know whether he had precum or not And this wont lead me to pregnancy right?
Thankyouuuu
Last edited by Apurvax on Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Apurvax,

As long as the condom was in place for all genital contact, you can assume it did its job and protected you from pregnancy. Since it sounds like it might be unclear, if he did have pre-ejaculate, that would have also been caught inside the condom, not on the outside of it, and kept inside even if the condom shifted a bit.
Apurvax
not a newbie

Unread post by Apurvax »

Yes the condom was on the penis till it was removed. The only problem was the condom was coming up and we rolled it down and tried to insert the penis but intercourse was not possible.
And he ejaculated in the condom and when he came the penis with the condom on was outside but before he even ejaculated,i was grinding and rubbing and was trying to insert again it didnt work at last he came when the penis was outside. I saw the ejaculate getting filled in the condom( he was laying in bed). I did not see any semen spilling or leaking outside. After he ejaculated he directly went and removed condom and washed his hands.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it. So, unless there was contact between your naked genitals, which it doesn't sound like there was, you can assume you are protected from pregnancy. That being said, it sounds like the two of you may need to scale back what sexual activities you're engaging in, since this one is causing you a lot of anxiety.
Apurvax
not a newbie

Unread post by Apurvax »

Thankyou so much for the reply.
Can i ask one more doubt? I mentioned before that since the condom was slipping up both of us touched the condom to roll it down so after sometime laying on bed between our intimate moments if he rubbed my vagina to make me wet so the intercourse would be easy, i think there was no precum or anything but if it was there will it again be a problem? Its already 72 hours long and i cant even go for emergency contraception.
Please dont think im crazy just tensed because we were virgins and it was our first time
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Nope, the only time contact with pre-ejaculate poses a risk is if it happens during intercourse or other direct, genital to genital contact. So on the off chance he did have some on his hands, that still would not create a pregnancy risk.
Apurvax
not a newbie

Unread post by Apurvax »

Thank youu so muchhhh to the whole scarleteen team.
Iam so relieved. I came here cuz i thought this is a trusted place to open up about topics we are too scared to even speak.
You guys are doing a great job because people like us don't even know were to seek good advice and you guys are helping us with our queries. Thank you so much.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Thank you so much for saying so, and I'm glad we could help!
Apurvax
not a newbie

Unread post by Apurvax »

Hi.
I would like to continue as an update for the same scenario.
It is 9 days since we had sex ( according to an app, my expected periods is on 28th of this september)and even though you guys told me there is no risk of pregnancy, yesterday after having dinner i was feeling mild lower abdomen cramps and a feeling of heaviness also i have white discharge and little pain in my breasts. Im freaking out please help me. I donno whether im feeling this because of overthinking and stress or is it a sign of implantation??? I've seen in so many videos that these are some of the signs. Im nervous😨
Latha
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Apurvax

I can see why this is making you feel nervous, but don't worry! It is true that symptoms such symptoms can accompany implantation, but they also occur during regular menstrual cycles. I think it is better to consider them a sign of hormonal changes rather than a definite sign that implantation has occurred.

As Sam said, you can go ahead and assume that you are protected from pregnancy. If you get your period as expected around the 28th, that should confirm that you aren't pregnant.
Apurvax
not a newbie

Unread post by Apurvax »

According to my period calculating app, we had sex on sep 7 and my ovulation day was yesterday. So do you think cramps and discharge are normal during and after ovulation?
And also i would like to add that my previous period in aug should have been on aug 7 but it got late for one week and from aug 14 i took period extending tablets( ovral L) due to an immediate need to have it because im an hindu and we had poojas at our home so i had to. I took ovral L till 28th aug . After i stopped having ovral L i got my periods on aug 31 to sep 6. And we had sex on sep 7
So do you think intake of ovral L has any effect on these cramps and other symptoms?
Thank you
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Apurvax,

So, taking those Ovral L pills is very likely effecting your menstrual cycle because it's designed as a birth control pill, not as a pill that can make your period come when you want it to (you technically don't even have a period while on the pill; you have what's called a withdrawal bleed). When people are first starting the birth control pill, they often experience some unpredictability in their menstrual cycle and some side effects as their bodies adjust to being on the pill. So since you took it for a few weeks and the stopped, it's likely that's having some effect on your body in the same way.

Too, so you know, depending on the app you're using the estimate of when your period is due may not be all that accurate. If it's only having you enter the dates of your previous periods, but not having you check things like body temperature or cervical mucus, then it can't give you a reading that's all that reliable.
Apurvax
not a newbie

Unread post by Apurvax »

I took ovral L with the prescription of a doctor. It was my first time taking such pills. And ive been tracking my periods for so long with that app.
Hearing my concern do you think iam at a risk of pregnancy? Does stressing and thinking a lot about this cause symptoms
By the way thankyou so much for finding time to reply to my message😊
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

None of this changes our initial conversation about the risks of this situation. That being said, if this is still stressing you out to this degree, do you want to talk about how you might be able to get a pregnancy test?

With the app, while length of time you've been tracking your cycle can help it make more reliable predictions, it still needs those other pieces of information in order to be really accurate. If you're curious about that, or want to see how your app compares to the full process of charting your cycle, this article is really helpful: Get With the Flow: All About FAM
Apurvax
not a newbie

Unread post by Apurvax »

Thankyouu.
And the article gave me so many informations😊
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic