First times

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Claire
Pronouns: she/her

First times

Unread post by Claire »

Hii there
I (18f) would like to start being intimate with my bf(23m), he has had sex before but I have not. I'm not sure I want to just to PinV straight away so I'm not sure what else to do. I'm also a little self concious about my body.

He talks alot about how awesome sex is, and I really want to try it with him. Ido have a question about birth control, he doesn't want to use a condom, he says it feels way better for me when he doesn't and he says it feels good for him to come inside me, which I would like to try once. The problem is that I'm worried about the side effects of the pill. Should I just let him cum in me then try to get on something later?
Amanda B
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an excellent cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: still figuring it out

Re: First times

Unread post by Amanda B »

Hi Claire,

If you're unsure about starting with penetrative sex right away, I agree it sounds like a good plan to stick with other options for being intimate. This can be everything from kissing, cuddling, sharing wants and needs when it comes to sex, or manual (fingers/hands) sex and oral sex. Dental dams and condoms can be great barriers to reduce risk of sexually transmitted infection (STI) transmission during oral sex if that's something you and your boyfriend are interested in. Do any of these options sound exciting to you?

As far as safety during sex goes, it's important for everyone involved to be comfortable with condom usage and birth control. Condoms are really important for preventing unwanted pregnancies and STIs. I am happy to discuss birth control options and how to approach a conversation with your boyfriend about everything. Feel free to check out our tool on choosing the right birth control method for you, Birth Control Bingo. Let me know if any of these methods stand out to you, and we can go from there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic