Is it my period or implantation spotting

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
tryingmybest20
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Is it my period or implantation spotting

Unread post by tryingmybest20 »

Hi!! I posted a couple of weeks ago about how im scared of pregnancy caused by manual sex. I got my period(?) early and it temporarily put my anxieties to rest but there was something very different about them. I didn't cramp as badly as I regularly do. I didn't need a painkiller as I have for so many years. Plus it was different this time. My period has always been super regular. And i bleed heavily on the first day and then it gets lighter. However this time, it started off as brown spotting. I only had brown spotting for the first couple of days followed by some bright red bleeding (not as much as i regularly do). And then i had brown spotting for a couple of days after that. I'm now afraid that it might be implantation spotting and not my actual period.
I think its important to mention that I did take an EC the day after my rendezvous. I've taken EC's before but theyve never messed with my period like this time.
Pls help
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is it my period or implantation spotting

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi tryingmybest20,

Since you took EC, that's likely contributing you what you noticed with your cycle, even if in the past you didn't notice any side effects from it. Too, periods can have some variation within them in terms of flow and severity of symptoms. But most importantly, in your last post we determined the incident you're worried about didn't pose a risk in the first place, meaning this can't be implantation bleeding.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic