About sperm

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Yohanz
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I think none
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: male

About sperm

Unread post by Yohanz »

In my previous post I asked about if pregnancy can happen in my situation and you guys replied with a 100% zero chance but if I googled it almost all of the article said that it's possible whenever semen came contact in the vulva. I'm just kinda confused because I understood fully in your article "The Seafers Guide" that the indirect transferring of semen to the vulva do not pose a risk of pregnancy. Can you give me information why you said it's a 100% zero chance based on my scenario I posted before because it's kinda confusing when I asked sexetc.org they didn't give me any helpful answer and said it's possible whenever it semen gets in the vulva I know it differs because it depends on the situation. I just wanna learn more why it cannot cause pregnancy thankyou.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: About sperm

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Yohanz,

I can't say why the other places gave you the answer they did, only that we base our information on pregnancy risk on the most current understandings of what does and does not pose a risk. As I said in the other thread, even if sperm did end up on your hand, it just isn't going to survive the trip from your stomach to your shorts/hand and all the other stops along the way before reaching the vagina.
Yohanz
not a newbie

Unread post by Yohanz »

Thankyou and another do you guys have other article about sperm survivility outside the male reproductive system?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Yohanz
not a newbie

Unread post by Yohanz »

It really needs to be fresh or immediately put in the vagina to even pose a risk? I understand that fingering only poses risk if the semen on your finger is fresh or the semen was directly shoot on the fingers then you put it in the vulva or inside the vagina. The possibility of pregnancy through many indirect transfer of semen before it touches the vulva is negligible or if the sperm is wet/moist or almost dried then wiped like in my scenario would not pose a risk of pregnancy is this correct?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

That's correct. Since we're starting to go in circles and repeat the conversation we had in the previous thread, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread up now.
Locked Previous topicNext topic