Can she get pregnant?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Yohanz
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I think none
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: male

Can she get pregnant?

Unread post by Yohanz »

what are the chances?

So my gf jerk me off and I cummed on my belly it got exposed to air and I pulled my shorts so the shorts probably hit or touches the semen and after 3 or 5 minutes I wiped it off with a towel it was kinda dried and moist not sure if I touched any but I'm pretty sure I didn't touch any because of the towel then I fingered her. she's 2 days after menstruation and 4 days before the predicted ovulation. We didn't do penetration. both 15 y/o

I researched pregnancy from this is extremely, extremely low to happen and super close to 0% like 99.99% impossible

It's her first mens and idk when is her next period going to come should I be worried? it's been 1 week since that happened 2 days ago she felt bloating but only after eating. Her first mens lasted about 8 days
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Can she get pregnant?

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Yohanz- welcome to the boards!

You're right that it is incredibly unlikely that this caused pregnancy- in fact, I'd go ahead and say that there is no chance that your girlfriend is pregnant. In order for pregnancy to be a risk, there has to be direct genital-to-genital contact between someone with a penis and someone with a vulva, or direct contact with ejaculate (semen) and the vulva, vaginal opening, or anus.

If you'd like to learn more about the risks different activities pose, check out this article:Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
Yohanz
not a newbie

Unread post by Yohanz »

thanks for replying is there really no chance? my anxiety won't go away because I'm afraid she might get similar symptoms to pregnancy.
Yohanz
not a newbie

Unread post by Yohanz »

my fingers only reached the vaginal opening and did not enter the vaginal canal
Latha

Unread post by Latha »

Yohanz wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:32 am thanks for replying is there really no chance? my anxiety won't go away because I'm afraid she might get similar symptoms to pregnancy.
Yes, there really is no chance.
Yohanz wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:02 am my fingers only reached the vaginal opening and did not enter the vaginal canal
Ah, so it is more important to think about whether there was direct contact between your ejaculate and the vulva/vagina than where your fingers were. Based on your description, I don't think there was the kind of contact necessary to cause pregnancy.
Yohanz
not a newbie

Unread post by Yohanz »

so 100% no chance?
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

That's correct. Sperm just cannot survive the situation you described and still pose a risk of pregnancy.

If you're still feeling anxious, I'm going to ask that you read this before asking anymore questions here:
The Pregnancy Panic Companion
Yohanz
not a newbie

Unread post by Yohanz »

Alright thankyou very much!
It's hard to get a pregnancy test here in my country if you're a teen but it's not even needed right? because there's zero chance at all.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

That's correct. Too, if you're feeling this anxious about this incident, that is often a sign to take a step back from sexual activity and only do sexual things where you both know and feel comfortable with the pregnancy risk (if there is any) ahead of time.
Yohanz
not a newbie

Unread post by Yohanz »

Yep we planned to do that becauss it's too traumatizing for me that I didn't even eat much for like 5 days.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

I taking a break sounds like an excellent idea then!
Yohanz
not a newbie

Unread post by Yohanz »

and I cantrust your judgement right? because this website is credible enough. Thanks for making my anxiety go away!!!
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

It's not really a matter of trusting my judgement or not, because the information I gave you is based, like everything we write, on the most up to date understandings of how pregnancy does and does not happen. But if you're curious about how to make sure a sex ed source is accurate, this is a good piece to read: Legit or Unfit? Finding Safe, Sound Sex Educators & Support Online
Yohanz
not a newbie

Unread post by Yohanz »

can I rest assured that your answer is based on information that is accurate and reliable?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

As I just said, it is. Since this conversation is starting to go in circles, I'm going to give you a section from our pregnancy fear and anxiety policy and ask that you follow it:

"For those who come in with pregnancy scares who, based on what they have told us, absolutely could not be or become pregnant, or who otherwise are not or have not been directly involved with an actual pregnancy: we are happy to talk with you, but we will not engage in ongoing or repeat conversations to validate that you or a partner are not pregnant, nor explain repeatedly how pregnancy can or can't occur.

We are glad to engage in discussions with anyone, however, with ways of helping that are within our abilities and a good fit for the mediums we help through, like:

-providing support for people feeling scared or anxious who are currently pregnant or are directly involved with a current pregnancy
-giving help creating sexual limits and boundaries based on individual needs -- including the need not to become or risk pregnancy -- and/or presenting them to partners
-discussing healthy or unhealthy relationships or sexual interactions
-discussing cultural beliefs, policies or social interactions that create fear of pregnancy
- discussing sexual abuse or assault trauma or other trauma that can create or increase these fears
- providing help finding or using contraception or making reproductive choices
-for those having scares because they have some form of anxiety or other mental illness, help locating qualified care or engaging in sound self-help.
-providing additional resources both on and off-site."
Yohanz
not a newbie

Unread post by Yohanz »

Sorry it's because of my anxiety. The semen in my situation is considered not fresh right? So even if I touched a tiny bit it wouldn't change the overall result that is a 100% zero chance?
Latha

Unread post by Latha »

Hi again, Yohanz

I'm sorry, but as Sam said, we can't keep having this kind of conversation- it isn't good for your anxiety. The answer will not change no matter how many times you ask- you already have the facts that you need there. We can discuss some of the other things listed in Sam's last response:
  • providing support for people feeling scared or anxious who are currently pregnant or are directly involved with a current pregnancy
  • giving help creating sexual limits and boundaries based on individual needs -- including the need not to become or risk pregnancy -- and/or presenting them to partners
  • discussing healthy or unhealthy relationships or sexual interactions
  • discussing cultural beliefs, policies or social interactions that create fear of pregnancy
  • discussing sexual abuse or assault trauma or other trauma that can create or increase these fears
  • providing help finding or using contraception or making reproductive choices
  • for those having scares because they have some form of anxiety or other mental illness, help locating qualified care or engaging in sound self-help.
  • providing additional resources both on and off-site.
Would you like help with any of these things?
Yohanz
not a newbie

Unread post by Yohanz »

This day she said to me that she have some discharge and it's white I'm kinda worried what's that typically mean?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

You can read about the different kinds of discharge here: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

Since it sounds like you're still stuck in an anxious space around this, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. We have a LOT of information on the main website about pregnancy fear and how pregnancy does and doesn't happen, so if you need to reassure yourself again, I'd suggest starting with those.
Locked Previous topicNext topic