Did I orgasm?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Nadia91
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My smile
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: No words

Did I orgasm?

Unread post by Nadia91 »

Hello,
I am fairly new to exploring myself. I have not yet had an orgasm using my hand. I did earlier have a sense of shaking legs, and a pulsating sensation in my clitoral area. There was a few seconds between each pulse. I did not end up breathless afterwards or feel flushed. I could not feel a pulsating sensation inside, and I've read vaginal walls always contract with orgasms?
At the time I thought I had orgasmed, but now am very doubtful and am wondering if there is something wrong with me? I have been trying since January on/off but have not yet had a wow orgam.
Please can you advise if the above is an orgasm?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Did I orgasm?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Nadia91,

So, the tricky thing about trying to help someone else figure out if they've experienced orgasm is that not only does the experience vary from person to person, but will vary for a given person from instance to instance. If you haven't already read it, this article does a good job explaining the general experience of orgasm, so it might help you figure out if that's what you felt: Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide

Too, setting orgasm aside, are you enjoying the masturbation you're engaging in? Or is the whole experience underwhelming or otherwise not all that fun for you?
Nadia91
not a newbie

Unread post by Nadia91 »

Hi Sam,

Thank you for replying!!
Reading the article has helped. Thank you!
I feel like I have gone through the 5 stages excluding "Orgasm for those with a vagina often involves a series of involuntary muscle contractions around the vagina..."
This is where my doubt arises.

Aside from orgasm, yes what I was doing was pleasurable :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome!

After the thing you think might be orgasm, how do you generally feel? Do you notice that you're not longer interested in masturbating, or like your arousal is going down? Do you feel tense? Relaxed? Something else?
Nadia91
not a newbie

Unread post by Nadia91 »

I felt relaxed, like I could go to sleep, and my arousal had fully diminished. Instead I had to work (from home) but felt more positive about work.
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi Nadia91,

This sounds a lot like the Resolution stage of the Masters and Johnson model of sexual response (found in the article Sam sent earlier which I'm sure you saw!) and occurs after the Orgasm stage. Although, this is your body, so I can't 100% tell you what you experienced, it does sound a lot like an orgasm. I understand why your feelings of doubt come in but keep in mind that orgasm is different for everyone. I hope this helps.
Nadia91
not a newbie

Unread post by Nadia91 »

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your response!!
:)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic