what is this substance??

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
naurmi008
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

what is this substance??

Unread post by naurmi008 »

Hi! so i was masturbating with an object (i use a condom over it!! it's not a sharp object either) and i do it for a while, suddenly this dark red/brown substance appears? i don't know how to describe it. the object i'm using gets covered in this substance and it's like the texture of creamy discharge. i don't think it's blood because it's not watery, and i don't feel any pain. what is this substance ?? did i accidentally tear the insides of my vagina 😭?? i'm so confused
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: what is this substance??

Unread post by Heather »

By any chance, did you have your period recently?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
naurmi008
not a newbie

nope! my last period started on july 14th, and my next is due this week (around august 11 or 12)
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Carly »

Hey naurmi008 -- has it happened since?
naurmi008
not a newbie

Hi! that was last night, when I woke up this morning and stuck a finger up there, i didn't notice any of that brownish substance anymore. when i stuck a finger up there, it felt a bit sore, but only slightly and that feeling is still here (but it's only a very slight and minor pain).
when i wipe after peeing, there is still residue of that brownish substance that comes off on my tissue. This has happened in the past (multiple times actually) and i was perfectly fine. i was just curious as to what this substance is
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi naurmi008,

There is a chance there was some bleeding caused by irritation from masturbation. This can result in the dark red/brown discharge and overall soreness. From my understanding, it's normal for the discharge to appear the next day when wiping. From now on, I recommend making sure that you have enough lubrication when masturbating. Condoms only have so much lubrication, which is in addition to the lubrication your body naturally produces, and it might not be enough and can result in irritation. Are you able to purchase lubricant/lube? It might help to have this for the future. It's also important to relax your body and take it slow. I hope this helps!
naurmi008
not a newbie

Hi! thank you for your response! no, i can't buy lube right now :/ (i don't know if they sell it to minors here + i don't want to get caught buying it). i noticed that this only happened when i masturbate with an object, maybe i should stick to using my fingers
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Nicole »

No problem! From some googling, I learned that condoms and lube can be purchased at any pharmacy or convenience store in Indonesia. I'm not too sure about how true this is, or if there are any age restrictions, so you might need to look into that yourself!

Also, yes, definitely do what feels right to you and causes the least amount of irritation!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic