Period failure

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
perton
Pronouns: her

Period failure

Unread post by perton »

I've always had regular periods but barely got any blood this time. I always get so much I have to change pads six times daily. I didn't even have to change a place this time. What is wrong?

It's been about four days since I got it, and now I have horrible cramps, and my legs are shaky. These symptoms have occurred in the last few periods. But I still don't have any blood. I've never had sex, so I know I'm not pregnant. I did masturbate several times. Did I cause my period to go away? What do I do?
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Period failure

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Perton- welcome to the boards!

While it is true that some lifestyle factors can impact your periods, I don't think you caused your period to go away by masturbating (because masturbation can't impact your periods like that) or otherwise.

If you haven't already done so, it may help to take some pain medication, just to get some immediate/short-term relief from those cramps.

Lighter periods aren't always a cause for concern, but given the pain you've been experiencing, I think it would be a good idea to see a gynecologist. Do you think you could make an appointment?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic