Late period! What to do :(

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Agate8
Pronouns: She/her

Late period! What to do :(

Unread post by Agate8 »

Hi!
My period was due to come 5 days ago and is usually only late by 2 days or so... I'm wondering if stress can have a meaningful impact on the timing of my period/ovulation.

This month has been pretty chaotic with me moving across the country and injuring my ankle, so I'm wondering if that'd be enough to put off my period.

I also did have dry, unprotected sex just at the start of my fertility window (according to my tracker app), and there was quite a bit of precum soaked onto my underwear/on my thighs, but from what I've read here that's not a legitimate pregnancy risk, right? (Honestly still worried about that one haha)

Is there anything I can do to try and get my period to start? Everything is hectic ATM because of the move, so relaxing is not guaranteed </3
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Late period! What to do :(

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Agate8,

There isn't really a way to "get" a period to start. And since it sounds like you've been dealing with a lot of stress, it's entirely possible that stress in contributing to your cycle being a bit unusual.

Too, the standard deviation of a "regular" cycle is 3.5 days, meaning that someone whose cycle is what would be considered "regular" could have a cycle that was 29 days, then 31 days the next time, then 26 days, and that'd still be a regular period. So five days isn't all that late in when you take that into consideration.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic