Can She be pregnant!!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
nono_nono
not a newbie
Pronouns: he/him

Can She be pregnant!!

Unread post by nono_nono »

My Gf gave a hand job to me while I had my underwear on. Even though there was no ejaculation there was a lot of precum which might have gotten on her hand after a few mins of this she washed her hands with water and used a hand sanitizer and then she left. After which she may have fingered herself(20 mins after the act).She had finished her period 3-4 days earlier. Is there anyway she can be pregnant. I am really worried.
Michaela
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I have yet to find a craft that I do not love
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Can She be pregnant!!

Unread post by Michaela »

Hi nono_nono and welcome to the Scarleteen boards!

From the situation that you described, there would not be any chance of pregnancy. First of all, there was no ejaculation and if there was sperm in the precum it can only survive for a very short time outside the body. Your girlfriend then not only washed her hands but also used hand sanitizer. All of these things combined makes the possibility of pregnancy extremely low.

I also want to link this article that does a really good job at describing risk levels for different sexual activities both for pregnancy and STI's. You may find it useful to give it a read so that you feel more aware of when there might be a pregnancy risk and when there might not be: Can I get pregnant or pass on an STI from that?
nono_nono
not a newbie

So there is no need to worry about pregnancy? And should she do a home test? Should she take EC as a precaution?
Thank you for answering the question even though you guys get 100's of same questions.
Great site really appreciate your effort guys keep it up.
Last edited by nono_nono on Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michaela
Awesomeness Quotient: I have yet to find a craft that I do not love

Unread post by Michaela »

Hi nono_nono,

No problem! We are happy to help! No, EC and pregnancy tests wouldn’t be necessary.

I also want to ask, what types of birth control methods are you and your girlfriend using normally? With sex, it’s always better to lean into the preventative side to avoid situations after the fact where you have to be worrying.
nono_nono
not a newbie

Well we haven't ever did anything other than that. So I don't have an answer for your question.
And the thing is, if I be Frank this is the first time I have done something like this, so am really scared and nervous.
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi nono_nono,

I completely understand how you feel. Are you interested in learning more about safe sex practices and birth control methods like condoms? We have some great resources on this and are happy to help! I think learning about these things will ease some anxiety.
nono_nono
not a newbie

Yes, but tell me what I said earlier wont come true about my gf getting pregnant ,if that happens it will doom me and my whole life and hers too.
As many people are saying that it might happen please help me.
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi again nono_nono!

As Michaela mentioned earlier, there is no chance of pregnancy. Sperm cannot survive outside the body for a long time, especially if they are not exposed to the proper conditions, and she cleaned her hands. Plus, she got her period, which is a sign that she is not pregnant. I don't think it's necessary to take a test, but if it eases some anxiety for you, then she can take one for some confirmation.

Here are some resources on birth control methods, condoms, pregnancy risk, and sperm. I think reading these will help you and your partner prepare for the future so you both do not experience any more pregnancy scares. I hope this helps!
nono_nono
not a newbie

I understand your words but I would like to correct you that she had finished her periods 3-4 days before this incident so....
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Nicole »

Hello,

Oh! That's my mistake, I misunderstood! Still, there does not seem to be a risk of pregnancy here.
nono_nono
not a newbie

okay thanks. Relived some of my stress.
And how can I be careful the next time?
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi nono_nono,

No problem!

In one of my previous posts, I included some resources that explain methods of birth control to prevent pregnancy (Birth Control Bingo), condoms (Condom Basics), and what certain sexual activities could risk pregnancy (Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?). I highly recommend that you check them out. They are linked in my post with the bullet points.

In your specific situation, the best thing to do in the future is to make sure you and your partner thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water before masturbating after performing manual sex.

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like more resources.
nono_nono
not a newbie

So you can blindly say that she will not get pregnant and i can stop thinking about it?
(Ik i am being a bit too much but cant control myself in this situation).
Carly
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Carly »

Hey nono_nono -- I know you're feeling very anxious about this, but we've given a lot of information in this thread about why pregnancy cannot happen in this case. Please read and review those responses and the resources in them before asking additional questions on this topic. Are you having a hard time understanding the information, or are you just needing a lot of reassurance right now?

I think it would be a good idea to explore why you're so anxious. Sometimes feeling really stuck on something is an indicator that there's something about it that's standing in for a larger fear or anxiety. You mentioned that having a baby would "doom" your lives - why? You also mentioned that this was your first time doing something like this - how are you feeling about it? Would it be helpful to talk through some of these other things?
nono_nono
not a newbie

Well actually I completely understood all the articles. But there is this fear about just what if it happens.
As I said this will be doom as the dating situation in South-East Asia is not the same as in European or any other western countries. Hence very anxious.
Can you just state the reasons why you guys think that it might not happen.
-Thankyou
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi nono_nono,

As I mentioned earlier, sperm cells die very quickly in open air. You mentioned that there was no ejaculation but pre-cum. Pre-cum can contain sperm, but the sperm cells die quickly once exposed to improper conditions such as temperature. This is mentioned in one of the articles I linked earlier. Also, if she washed her hands with water and used sanitizer before touching herself, it seems impossible for there to be sperm remaining. Although, for next time, I recommend that she thoroughly washed her hands with soap and water.

I understand what you mean about the dating situation. That does sound very stressful. Although, I think we have concluded that your partner has a very low risk of pregnancy. Again, if taking a pregnancy test will make you or her feel less anxious, then it wouldn’t hurt to do so. Again, we don’t think she can get pregnant from what you’ve told us because of the reasons I stated above.

I hope this helps!
nono_nono
not a newbie

Okay Thank you. I am worried as different people have different opinion on this situation some say that it might occur so worried.
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Nicole »

I hope what we've shared with you has eased some of your concerns!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic