Pregnancy scare

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
cxxxxxxxz
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Friendly
Primary language: English
Pronouns: I prefer she/her
Sexual identity: A girl

Pregnancy scare

Unread post by cxxxxxxxz »

I keep on overthinking that I may be pregnant even tho I don't have any symptoms of being pregnant before until now, I already tried a pregnancy test a month ago ( I also had a pregnancy scare before) and the test says negative, but even tho it came back negative I’m still overthinking. The reason why I’m overthinking is my bf and I used to make out BUT we didn’t have sex and he only tried to enter his finger into my vagina a few times but not actually fingering me since it hurts (aft he finished ejaculating he wiped his hands several times with different tissues and we waited a couple of minutes before starting again). I can’t buy another pregnancy test since a lot of people know my mom. I just need some tips to stop me from overthinking since I have a problem controlling my thoughts. Your reply will be very helpful to me advance thank you so much!
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Pregnancy scare

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, cxxxxxxxz- welcome to the boards!

It seems like you have a good understanding of the evidence that you're not pregnant- you haven't had any symptoms, and your pregnancy test was negative. I want to add that the activities you did with your boyfriend don't pose a risk of pregnancy. (You can read more about the pregnancy risk different activities pose here)

We have a great article on dealing with pregnancy anxiety when you know you can't be pregnant- it has a lot of tips on how to handle this kind of overthinking: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You Think You Are?

I hope this helps!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic