yeast infection

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
brandii
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her

yeast infection

Unread post by brandii »

i’m pretty sure i have a yeast infection however i’m on vacation and i’m not able to visit a doctor or get any medication for it but it’s bothering me. is there any way i can treat it by myself? i don’t go back home for another month and i don’t want it to get worse
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: yeast infection

Unread post by Heather »

Hi there, brandii.

Ideally, we don't want to try and self-diagnose and treat any kind of infection unless there's just no other option. Let's see what your options might be first, and if there really isn't another way, let's at least help you be as sure as you can be about what this is and the best way to treat it.

Where are you on vacation? Most places in developed nations will have clinics and other kinds of care available for people visiting. Let's see if we can't locate some health care for you first, alright?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
brandii

Unread post by brandii »

well i’ve had a yeast infection before and i’m experiencing the same symptoms as before so that’s why i think it’s a yeast infection. i’m in mexico, but i think it’d be easier if i just treated it with something i could get over the counter.
Michaela
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I have yet to find a craft that I do not love
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Michaela »

Hi brandii,

Have you noticed any pharmacies with staff that you could talk to about the symptoms that you are having? They would be more educated to be able to point you in the direction of an over-the-counter medication that could help.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic