Discharge

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
naurmi008
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Discharge

Unread post by naurmi008 »

Why am I producing so much discharge? It's a lot more than usual I think. It comes out in goops, like the feeling when you know you're period blood is coming out, it's that feeling. Should I be worried?
Michaela
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I have yet to find a craft that I do not love
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Discharge

Unread post by Michaela »

Hi naurmi008,

Discharge can and does change throughout your cycle depending on various things like hormone levels which is all completely normal. Sometimes, changes in discharge can signal that there is an issue so it is good that you are mindful of what is happening with your body, but I would not ring the alarm bells yet. When you say that it comes out in goops what type of consistency and color is it? Similar to egg whites, cream colored, clear, etc? Also, are you noticing any different odors or any other genital discomfort?
naurmi008
not a newbie

Unread post by naurmi008 »

Hi! Thank you for answering
It's kinda goopy and slimy. I'd say it's similar to egg whites but not as watery. It's mainly clear colored with a slight tint of cream.
There's not a lot of odor, it doesn't smell. There isn't any other form of discomfort other than the fact that my diaphragm/stomach feels full (more than usual) after I eat, it feels like my body isn't digesting food properly 😢 and I feel like I have to pee a bit more frequently than usual but that may be because I'm sick right now (I have a really bad flu)
Michaela
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I have yet to find a craft that I do not love
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Michaela »

Hi naurmi008,

Thanks for the additional details. From what you described it sounds completely normal. It could be likely that your body is going through ovulation at the moment which can change the consistency of discharge to be as you described. Types of discharge that would be cause for concern would be if you noticed it to become chunky (like cottage cheese), very watery or perfuse, have a strong odor, or change colors (gray, green, pink). In the case you experience any of those changes, a visit to the doctor might be a good call. But, from what you described I don’t see anything to worry about.

I’m sorry that you have the flu at the moment. I hope you feel better soon!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic