Pre-ejaculate Scare

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
pinkjellysoda
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them

Pre-ejaculate Scare

Unread post by pinkjellysoda »

can dried pre-cum (presumably) on the fingers be viable enough to fertilize an egg ?

to further explain the scenario, i performed oral sex on my partner but there was no ejaculation + semen involved, only pre cum. after this act, i went to wipe my hands down with a wet wipe (i dont recall if i did that thoroughly). my partner also wiped his penis with the wet wipe, zipped up his pants, then proceeded to take another wipe for both of his hands. 5 minutes later we got intimate and started cuddling then he started placing and rubbing his hand on my shorts (i was clothed all the time). after 2 mins of rubbing, he inserted his fingers inside my shorts and rubbed my vulva then finally, inserted his fingers inside my vagina for a few seconds (5-10) because i panicked over the thought of left over pre cum on his fingers coming in contact with my vagina. his hand was visibly DRY when this happened though but i am anxious and stressed that there might be tiny small traces of moist precum on his fingernails/ or the sides of his fingers. we were in an airconditioned car when this happened as well. 3 hours later, i took an emergency contraceptive via yuzpe method. 4 combined pills in one go then another 4 for the next 12 hours to play it safe. this is not a “am i pregnant?” type of query rather, im just intrigued if the (possible) remaining sperms on the pre-cum would still be viable enough despite the multiple transfers.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Pre-ejaculate Scare

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi pinkjellysoda,

No, this scenario does not pose a risk of pregnancy. In order for pregnancy to be a possibility, the kind of contact that has to happen is:

Direct (with no clothing, at all, covering anyone's genitals) genital-to-genital contact between someone with a penis and someone with a vulva, such as genital intercourse or otherwise rubbing genitals together OR
Direct contact with ejaculate (semen) and the vulva, vaginal opening or anus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic