Risk of Fingering

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Len
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him

Risk of Fingering

Unread post by Len »

Hi, I would like to ask if this has pregnancy risk. So on June 23 2023, After ejaculation (before I engaged sexual activity with my girlfriend), I washed my hands and peed once, then after 40 or 50 or an hour, my girlfriend and I are dry humping fully clothes (she's wearing shorts and underwear with pantyliner and me wearing shorts and underwear) then she asked if I could finger inside her vagina, so before that her request I used 70% isopropyl alcohol to make my fingers and hand clean except for the back palm of my hands then proceed as she gets naked. But my concern is, is it possible for her to get pregnant? Because I'm not sure if I touch my shorts with a precum spot on my shorts and I don't know if the sperm from my previous ejaculation had been flushed out from my urethra since I only urinate once. Like how effective is 70% isopropyl alcohol to kill the sperm on my hands and is it really true that sperm can't pass through my underwear and shorts? Because there is precum spot on my shorts. And is she still ovulating on June 23 2023 because the flo app shows that she's ovulating on June 21 2023, which is true actually because she told me there is a clear sticky discharge and her libido is really high, then creamy discharge on June 22 2023, then after the sexual activity on June 23 2023 she told me she got creamy discharge again but less sticky or slippery (???) I guess I'm not sure if it's slippery or sticky.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Risk of Fingering

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Len,

So, the important thing here is that there are only a few ways pregnancy happens:

Direct (with no clothing, at all, covering anyone's genitals) genital-to-genital contact between someone with a penis and someone with a vulva, such as genital intercourse or otherwise rubbing genitals together OR
Direct contact with ejaculate (semen) and the vulva, vaginal opening or anus.

Direct means no stops along the way (like from shorts to hand to vulva) and no things like washing. Since that isn't what happened here, there was no risk of pregnancy. Since this sounds like it's really stressing you out, I suggest you give this article a read and follow the suggestions for next steps:
The Pregnancy Panic Companion
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic