emergency pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
ghghred
Pronouns: SHE

emergency pill

Unread post by ghghred »

I was with my girlfriend. There was no penetration and she was wearing bikini bottom. I ejaculated on her stomach near the lower abdomen, just above her bottoms. Right after, she went to the shower and washed down the semen. Is there a risk of pregnancy there? Does water kill the sperms or could some water have gotten into her vagina? It has been around 42 hours. Should she take the emergency pill now?

Our concerns is that some semen may have touched the vagina while washing off in the shower (running down with water) and that some semen may have went beneth the swiming suit.
ghghred
Pronouns: SHE

Re: emergency pill

Unread post by ghghred »

we are also very worried about the emergency pill side effects
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: emergency pill

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi ghghred,

The situation you describe does not pose a risk of pregnancy. The activity itself did not pose a risk, since she was wearing a layer of clothing on her genitals and you ejaculated on her stomach/abdomen. But sperm can't survive being in the shower; they need specific conditions in order to potentially create a pregnancy, and those conditions are not present if they're in water and being washed off the body, even if they pass near the genitals in the process.

So, given all that, emergency contraception is not needed in this instance.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic