Pregnancy scare through manual sex and semen contact

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Henyatsus
Pronouns: he/him

Pregnancy scare through manual sex and semen contact

Unread post by Henyatsus »

Hello, it is my first time here to consult people and get some views as the current me is panicking and not able to think through this calmly and logically.

The scenario went like this:
I masturbated at home and cleaned up, but there may still be some semen leaking after I ejaculated that may stay under the foreskin as I am uncircumsised.
5 hours later, I went to my girlfriend's house. One time, I touched my penis and got some leftover semen on my fingers as I was trying to adjust my shorts. The amount of semen is very little, with only maybe a thin wet film on my finger, I could'nt remember if it is still white colour or transparent and clear (its been five hours after the last ejaculation). I then rubbed it on my shirt.
After like 1 to 2 minutes, my and girlfriend decided to get into some manual sex. So, I went to thoroughly washed my hands with soap and water to avoid any worry about potential pregnancy. But here comes the thing that I did not consider of, I wiped my hands on my shirt and may have come into contact with the spot of semen that I have rubbed onto 2 to 3 minutes before. Then, we engaged in some manual sex and I inserted my finger into my girlfriend's vagina. It has been 8 days so an emergency contraception is too late, and I didn't want my girlfriend to take too much of that medicine.

So, my question is that, will the 5 hours old semen that has possibly stayed under the foreskin, then passed onto my finger (with only a thin film on two of my fingers), then rubbed onto my shirt to remove from my finger, then transfer back to my finger after I wiped my hands on the same spot of the shirt after I washed my hands? Will the sperm survive? I vaguely remember that my hands were dry after wiping my hands on my shirt, and vaguely remember my hands were dry before inserting into her vagina, but I am just worried that the small amount of semen that may have transferred back from the shirt to the finger could cause pregnancy. My girlfriend was on the 10th day of her menstrual cycle.

I currently cannot think in a logical way, so I really need someone to give their view on this, will the semen still be viable in this scenario? Thanks in advance.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Pregnancy scare through manual sex and semen contact

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Henyatsus,

So, there is no way for this scenario to result in pregnancy; sperm simply cannot survive all the things you described. Sperm are actually far more fragile than people tend to assume. If you're curious, you can read more about that here: Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic