I feel like I am a bit weird

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
artimisskz
Awesomeness Quotient: My personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Pansexual, Polyamourus

I feel like I am a bit weird

Unread post by artimisskz »

Recently I tried to do something sexual with a friend. (You could say for the first time) I have tried masturbating but I would either just get tired or bored. The last time i tried was like 12+ months ago. Anyway I was feeling it but I also wasn't at the same time. I didn't really get turned on by what would be normal turn ons. They touched me inside but all i felt was a little bit of a nice feeling is that normal?
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: I feel like I am a bit weird

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Artimisskz- welcome to the boards!

Oh yes, that's very normal. It isn't unusual for people to find that vaginal stimulation doesn't feel all that interesting, because the vagina doesn't actually have that many nerve endings, especially past the first third or so. People with vaginas tend to find clitoral stimulation much more pleasurable.

And masturbation often doesn't feel that great unless you're already in the mood, so to speak- fantasizing could potentially help here. Also, varying how you touch or stimulate yourself could keep you from getting bored or tired. (If you want a list of things you could try, check out Going Solo: The Basics of Masturbation- if you scroll down a bit, there is a section titled 'Here are some common ways people masturbate with their genitals'.)

I hope this helps!

(P.S. If you don't mind me asking, what do you think are normal turn-ons?)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic