Precum in water

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Sam321
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm a very good listener
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: Hetrosexual

Precum in water

Unread post by Sam321 »

Hello! I have a concern about precum.
Me and my gf kind of accidentally used the same water to wash our genitals. Basically, she washed her genital with the water that has a little bit of precum in it. I don't think the water get too deep in her vagina. Can she get pregnant from this?

I also have a confusion about this article: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodi ... nk_you_are.

In the article, it's stated that "Manual sex (fingering or handjobs, and yes, this accounts for someone maybe or definately having pre-ejaculate fluids on their hands, something some of our users get hung up on)" can't result in pregnancy. I'm confused about what does fingering mean in this. Does it mean outside stimulation (clitoris) or inside vaginal canal.
raily_
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Precum in water

Unread post by raily_ »

Fingering is either performed by your partner, or from masturbation. It's involving inside the vaginal canal. Fingering is when your partner, or in the case of masturbation, yourself inserts one or more fingers into the vaginal canal. Its to stimulate the same feeling as penis-in-vagina sex.
As for your pre-cum question, no, your girlfriend cannot get pregnant from that. Contrary to belief, it is not easy for sperm to live outside the body, sperm are not tiny little immortal things, they are actually very delicate.
I am not a moderator or staff volunteer, but I went through my fair share of precum and sperm worries until I did proper research.
Maybe check out this article about sperm and it may ease your mind about sperm https://www.scarleteen.com/blog/patrici ... perm_cells
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi raily,

Thank you for that answer! Just so you know, this particular section of the boards is for staff/volunteer replies only.
raily_
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/Her

Unread post by raily_ »

His Sam, sorry! I didn't look at the certain board they posted it on, oops!
Sam321
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm a very good listener
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: Hetrosexual

Unread post by Sam321 »

Hello raily! Thank you so much for the answer.
Can you also confirm the answer, Sam? Just so I can ease my concern.

It was not in a swimming pool. It was just normal water in plastic tank, smaller than the size of a kitchen sink. And she accidentally used it, around 3 minutes (not less) after I dipped my penis in there to wash off the precum.

I know it's unhygienic, but that was an unexpected moment XD.
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: They

Unread post by Jacob »

Hey Sam321!

I can confirm raily's reply is spot-on; there is no chance of pregnancy here. Sperm in any quantity cannot survive what you are describing.

Another thing to think about is that anxiety like this about sex-related risks can sometimes come from other fears or stressors around sex or relationships. If that's the case then it's worth checking in with yourself about how you and your relationship are doing in general, and questioning what changes you might need in those other area of your life, if any.
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic