vaginal wetness

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
cinnamongrl
Awesomeness Quotient: i play guitar
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bi

vaginal wetness

Unread post by cinnamongrl »

hi, i’ve been noticing that i don’t really get wet. like even when i feel physically aroused i’m just not wet down there. i’ve tried “warming myself up” before masturbating to try and get myself wetter but it just doesn’t happen . is something wrong with me? what can i do to fix this?
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: vaginal wetness

Unread post by Latha »

Hi cinnamongrl- welcome to the boards!

I wouldn't say there's anything 'wrong' with you- sometimes these things happen. It's true that being turned on generally helps with self-lubrication, but many other factors can affect how wet one gets. People often find that their levels of wetness fluctuate throughout the month (and through the rest of their lives) because of changes in their menstrual cycle and their general health. Some medications, like birth control or antidepressants, can impact lubrication, and so can conditions like hypothyroidism or vaginitis. It does also help to be well-hydrated and relaxed.

As it happens, Lube is always useful in these situations, so I'd recommend getting some.

(Buying lube is always an option, but if you live in California, you may be able to discreetly order free lube and condoms to your home through this website:
https://www.teensource.org/condoms/free. Otherwise, it should tell you where you can pick them up)
cinnamongrl
Awesomeness Quotient: i play guitar
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: bi

Re: vaginal wetness

Unread post by cinnamongrl »

Thank you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic