I had sex around 2 months ago, and my period came but im still worried

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
im_0n_crack
Pronouns: he/him

I had sex around 2 months ago, and my period came but im still worried

Unread post by im_0n_crack »

I had sex around 2 months ago, few days after sex I took morning after pills, and towards the end I had a late period, it came at last. We didnt worry for awhile, because my period, after the period we didnt do any intercourse, and i took a pregnancy test which came out negative. But now i think my period is skipping, its been around 8 days since when my period was supposed to come. I am just really skeptical because of the skipped period. (thinking logically theres no way of pregnancy, but its because of the skipped period that is making me panic.)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: I had sex around 2 months ago, and my period came but im still worried

Unread post by Heather »

Hi there.

Since you feel so nervous about this, and the last pregnancy test seemed to reassure you, sounds like you might benefit from taking one again. Can you do that for yourself?

Periods can skip or be later than expected more than people realize, and more often than not due to things besides pregnancy. But if you'd feel better seeing another negative result, I'd suggest just doing that.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
im_0n_crack
Pronouns: he/him

Unread post by im_0n_crack »

yea true. Ill probably have to. If i see another negative result I shouldnt worry anymore right? Also currently does it seem like im pregnant?
Logan W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I play roller derby and love to skate outside!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Lesbian, queer, demiromantic

Unread post by Logan W »

Hi there!

Like Heather said, I think that taking another test will give some reassurance. It seems unlikely but I think seeing the test result can be helpful. It also sounds like this might be giving you some anxiety. Would it help to share some resources around managing pregnancy anxiety?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic