Possibility of condom leakage

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
tintoreto
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: Straight

Possibility of condom leakage

Unread post by tintoreto »

Hello,

Today, me and my girl had insertive sex for the first time in our 2 year long relationship. I had put the condom on before we started to have sex (I was careful to pinch the tip and put it correctly). After some time I noticed there was some pre-ejaculate fluid in the place provided for that and some in the space between the tip and the shaft od the penis. I could not get in for some reason, and we decided to stop, I took the condom off and only saw some of that fluid on the tip. Frankly, I suffer from OCD and things like this spike my anxiety so I started to worry that some of the fluid could have left the condom despite no real proof for that (my girl said that didnt happen, I also doubt it). The condom didnt slip or tear, I checked it with water afterwards. I just need to know is there a reason to for me to worry if the condom did its job. Also, her period is expected to occur in 5-6 days.

Thank you in advance.
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Possibility of condom leakage

Unread post by Carly »

Hey there tintoreto -- it sounds like the condom worked correctly and I don't think there is anything to worry about right now.

In general though, condoms are not the most effective contraceptive method out there. If you and your girlfriend are planning to stay sexually active, it may be good to talk about the full spectrum of options, especially if you (or both of you) can get a little anxious. I highly suggest taking a look at The Buddy System, which talks about how to use two methods consistently to beef up pregnancy prevention. Condoms are often used in these buddy system scenarios. If you have any questions about the methods listed, check out Birth Control Bingo.

Do you want to talk about the problems you were having getting your penis in?
tintoreto
not a newbie

Thank you. I finally got better. I should have asked this question on a forum for psychological support. I don't consider staying sexually active, probably going celibate from now on😂.
Thank you for your reply once again🙏.
tintoreto
not a newbie

Also, what I forgot to ask (the main issue that bothers me) is, is there a chance of something leaking from the base?
Latha
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Latha »

Hi tintoreto! It is very unlikely that anything would leak from the base of a well-fitted condom. The key words there are 'well-fitted'. Semen might leak out of the base of a condom if it is left on when a penis is not erect.

You might like to read Condom Basics: A User's Manual as well- it is a thorough guide, and it has an interesting extra tips section.
tintoreto
not a newbie

I am 100% sure it fitted well. Once again thank you for your time, I really appreciate it. Also, could it be a problem if I didnt press the condom afterwards to make air go out? It didn't broke or anything, as I stated beforehand.
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi tintoreto,

So, as long as the condom doesn't break or come off, you can assume it did what it was supposed to. I think, going forward, it might help more to focus on soothing the anxiety you feel around this rather than on continuing to ask for reassurance, since that's one of those things that can keep you trapped in the anxiety mindset.

I do want to add that, for the future, you don't need to test the condom with water afterwards; when condoms break, it is very obvious, and will look like a big tear rather than a tiny hole, so filling it with water won't reveal any small breaks (and may cause the condom to break as a result of you filling it, which can lead to necessary stress).
tintoreto
not a newbie

Oh, I see. Thank You. You people are really nice, I appreciate it a lot.
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're very welcome!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic