Question about anal sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Ryan7755
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm Creative and intelligent
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Question about anal sex

Unread post by Ryan7755 »

So I noticed that after using the bathroom that my Anus opens a lot more than any other time, How do I recreate that (and without accidentally creating a bowel movement) so I can be able to enjoy anal activities (such as fingering) without pain?
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Question about anal sex

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Ryan7755!

As you know, anal sex shouldn't hurt. To avoid pain, take it slow and start with something small, like one finger. I think that using toys should recreate the effect you want, but you can work your way up to that over several sessions. Throughout all this, relax your body and use a significant amount of lube.

To avoid accidentally creating a bowel movement, maybe you can try to go to the bathroom a while before your masturbation sessions.
Ryan7755
not a newbie

Im usually am worried about any traces of feces left in my anus, to the point where I wipe excessively to try and make my anus as clean as possible. Is having a small amount of feces ok?
Carly

Unread post by Carly »

Hey Ryan -- a little bit clarification first: your anus is just the hole. The rectum is the inside, which is where your finger, a penis, a toy, etc. would go. Feces is stored in your colon, not your rectum. The rectum may still contain residual feces from past bowel movements, and those traces may sometimes show up on whatever is inserted. A little bit is ok in that it kind of just comes with the territory of anal play, but definitely be consistent with washing your hands before and after and using condoms. If you're worried about feces being on your anus specifically, I'm wondering if taking a shower first may help ease some anxiety?
Ryan7755
not a newbie

Thanks for the clarification, I was referring to both the rectum and anus. I just don't like the idea of getting feces on any toys. But it seems as though its something I have to accept.
Amanda B
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an excellent cook!
Sexual identity: still figuring it out

Unread post by Amanda B »

Hi Ryan, hope it's okay Im jumping in here as well.

I agree with Carly that a shower before and maybe even after could help with the anxiety over cleanliness. I'd also like to reiterate the option to use condoms on toys if getting a small amount of feces on them is uncomfortable for you. Depending on the material, many toys are even boilable, making them very easy to thoroughly clean. Toy materials that are boilable include 100% silicone without a motor, as well as stainless steel.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic