I feel that women arent attracted to me. ( Male )

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
staplesj_
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm left handed: )
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: straight

I feel that women arent attracted to me. ( Male )

Unread post by staplesj_ »

Hey so tbh, i'm starting to think that women aren't attracted to me. I'm 25 and never had a girlfriend nor done anything physically with anyone. I'm starting to think something is wrong with me. My friends and family dont think i'm unattractive but I do for some reason. Its hard for me because when I was younger I never got attention from the opposite sex, and I think that made me question if I should try something else. It made me question my sexual idendity as a whole. Mainly because I didn't get attention from women that I thought were attractive I questioned if I was even straight.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I feel that women arent attracted to me. ( Male )

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi staplesj_ ,

Before we dive into some other ways of addressing these feelings, can I ask if you've had time to read any advice on our site--or on Dr. Nerdlove, who I linked you to before--about managing those beliefs that you're unattractive and your feelings around not having found a partner yet? If so, is there any advice in those you've tried?

I do want to add that while it's absolutely okay to explore and question your sexual orientation, that has way more to do with who we experience attraction to, rather than who experiences attraction to us, you know?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic