Discharge

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kilasm
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: female

Discharge

Unread post by kilasm »

I’ve been having a lot of discharge lately. Yesterday, I had thick white discharge and today, I have kind of a wet and watery discharge. Are these normal?
Willa
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I think I am silly and love making ppl laugh
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: bisexual woman

Re: Discharge

Unread post by Willa »

Hi Kilasm,

With these changes in discharge are they accompanied by any changes in color or smell or any new pain/itching/discomfort? Changes in discharge are often normal during puberty as well as around the menstrual cycle, but with any of these other listed symptoms they can be a sign of infection. We have a resource that touches on the norms for discharge that also may be useful to you: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodi ... secretions
kilasm
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: female

Unread post by kilasm »

No, there’s no any changes in color nor is there any discomfort! But I noticed it had a smell i don’t know if it’s foul or anything like they said on the internet but it smelled like something. Like just any other discharge, i hope? And today, I had a thick white discharge. Is that anything to worry about?
Nadine E.
scarleteen staff/volunteer

Unread post by Nadine E. »

Hi kilasm,

I'm glad to hear you aren't experiencing any discomfort or pain! From what you've described, there isn't anything to worry about. That all sounds like typical discharge.

It's definitely great that you're paying attention to your discharge and noticing changes in it. Getting to know your discharge when things are normal/typical is a great way to then pick up on when something actually is off. So I'd definitely encourage you to keep noticing the changes and to check out that article Willa shared if you haven't already.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic