questions about arousal

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
latte
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i can slalom water ski
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

questions about arousal

Unread post by latte »

hello,

i am a seventeen yo female who has been masturbating for a few years now. i really enjoy it and usually have no trouble at all, but often i notice that -- even after i orgasm -- i do not get wet. my vulva just stays completely dry. currently, i only masturbate by stimulating my clit and sometimes use my saliva as a lubricant. i don't try fingering my vagina, mostly because i've tried before and it wasn't very comfortable. i suspected its in part because i don't get wet enough.

though it is not an issue at the moment, i was curious to ask if this would change/ affect my sexual experience with a partner. i've never been turned on or aroused in that way specifically -- especially IRL --and im slightly worried that it wont happen when i am with someone, despite the fact i am aroused by them. i know it helps with comfort, so would obviously want that.

maybe it is because of my age, but i do get wet, just at completely random times. sometimes i get wet for a few days and then it doesn't happen again for a few months, masturbation or not. if someone could help me navigate this, or maybe just learn more about it, that would be great. thank you! :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: questions about arousal

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Latte,

So, there can be a decent amount of variation in how much the vagina self lubricates, not only from person to person but for a given person from day to day. It might be worth taking a look at this article to see if any of the reasons mentioned apply to you: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advi ... ate_enough

Too, some of what you may be noticing when you're not aroused is less about self-lubrication and more about vaginal discharge; discharge can be more or less present, or seem "watery" during certain parts of your cycle.

When it comes to how this could influence partnered sex, the primary consideration would be that you'd need to make sure you had a lot of lube on hand to keep things comfortable and pleasurable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic