Wiping

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Starsnsloths
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her; he/him; they/them
Sexual identity: Questioning

Wiping

Unread post by Starsnsloths »

This is not a joke, I have some questions about wiping your vagina. Do you wipe the sides of your labia after you pee every time even if there's no urine you see/feel on it? Do you wipe below your vagina after each time after you urinate? Is it ok to get urine/discharge on toilet paper? For me when its there after I've touched a roll I flush that other piece of toilet paper down even if its not one I wiped with. Is it normal to get urine or discharge on your hands easily after wiping? How about using so much toilet paper you clog the toilet because you didn't want to use 1 ply toilet paper and have urine stain the paper all the way through? Or trying to avoid tearing the paper? Do you wipe your back of your vagina after defecating? I hope I didn't bother anyone with this but I just needed to know for future reference it's hard finding a sexual health doctor up here and honestly, I was scared of asking my mom and her not answering my questions and acting short with me and lacking empathy .Its embarassing for me to talk about this stuff with you guys or to anyone, I live with my parents and they can be unsupportive emotionally and invalidating sometimes so I don't want to see a sexual health doctor unless I have to. I get it if you guys say you wouldn't feel comfortable asking these questions, I just wanted to try. Okay! Thanks!
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Wiping

Unread post by Sofi »

Hi Starsnsloths, welcome to the boards!
Don't worry, your questions are totally fine. I'd be glad to answer them.

I'll start off with saying: most of these are personal preference/choices, and there isn't a right or wrong way to do it. For example, you can wipe the sides of your labia each time you pee, but it's up to you how much surface area you cover. It's generally advised to wipe the entire area, and ALWAYS front to back, so you don't move any fecal matter to the vaginal opening. As long as you're wiping front to back, it's up to you how far back you go/how many times you wipe/how much toilet paper you use/etc. It's okay to get urine and/or discharge on the toilet paper and it's okay if some gets on your hand sometimes, assuming you're washing your hands right after every time. It shouldn't be necessary to use so much that it clogs your toilet, but I can't give an exact amount you should use, since it's up to your personal preference. Single plied requires more, as you mentioned, you don't want to use just a couple of squares and have it tear. If it's thicker paper, a few squares might suffice. If you're ovulating you might have extra discharge than usual and need to wipe more than once, for example, so there are a lot of variables.

I hope this answered most of your questions but feel free to let me know if you have any more!
Starsnsloths
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her; he/him; they/them
Sexual identity: Questioning

Unread post by Starsnsloths »

Hey! Thank you so much for responding!!!
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Sofi »

You're welcome! You can always send in any questions like these <3
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic