I think I might be bi...

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
OrganicNatural
Awesomeness Quotient: iPod always plays the song that expresses me 0.0
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Questioning (Bi)

I think I might be bi...

Unread post by OrganicNatural »

So lately (as in the couple days), I've been having a lot of confusing things happening that makes me think that I might be bi or something. I guess it started a few nights ago (Sunday), when I was fantasizing about a guy. Pretty normal stuff, so I ignored it. The next night (Monday), it was about a girl. I honestly didn't notice this at first until yesterday (Tuesday). At this point I started getting really scared and confused. I started researching, and I pretty much concluded that I'm probably bi. After looking at a lot of articles, here's what I concluded:
  • - I'm sexually (physically) attracted to both females and males, leaning more towards females.
    - I'm emotionally attracted to both females and males, but females only as friends.
    - I fantasize about being with both males and females.
I know that I don't have to label my sexuality and I can just like who I like, but that kind of isn't really an answer in my book. I've been really confused and pretty scared too. Am I bi?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: I think I might be bi...

Unread post by Heather »

No one else can tell someone what their orientation is.

By all means, the term bisexuality is generally used to describe those of us who are either attracted to both men and women, or who find that gender, period, just isn't a big player in who we are attracted to.

So, this all comes down to if this is a term you want to use for yourself right now or not. But by all means, being bisexual -- or any orientation -- isn't something anyone needs to be afraid of. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Keda
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always nice, I just sometimes hide it well
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: Wibbly wobbly sexy wexy

Re: I think I might be bi...

Unread post by Keda »

And if you decide that you do want to identify as bi at this point in your life: Welcome to the dark side! We have cookies. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic