Teenage misogynists & Colorism

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
DulceDiva
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my intelligence
Primary language: spanish english
Pronouns: she

Teenage misogynists & Colorism

Unread post by DulceDiva »

Boys make so many jokes about girl's bodies & have so many standards for girls but a lot of them don't keep their hygiene up.
This kid said something salty to me , I gave him sass right back , he then said my attitude is why I don't have a boyfriend , I told him I don't need a man to define me.
Later he asks me for a pencil , I said I'm sorry I don't give pencils to misogynists.

There are a lot of a men of color calling dark skint girls all kind of horrible things such as roach ( look on twitter for examples ) and praising light girls.
It results in dark skint girls feeling bad & light girls being hyper-sexualized. The worst thing is that some of their family members are dark skint ( moms , sisters , aunts etc)
Those moms , sisters , aunts , etc are the ones who often support them the most.
DulceDiva
not a newbie

Re: Teenage misogynists & Colorism

Don't feel scared to reply I won't bite , I would love to hear some input.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

It may be no one pitched in because there aren't any questions in here! When something just looks like a vent, often it will just sit, because there isn't an actual ask for people to participate, nor any questions you are asking of others they can find to answer. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Keda
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always nice, I just sometimes hide it well
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Wibbly wobbly sexy wexy

Unread post by Keda »

I also didn't chip in because I don't really feel qualified to talk about this. I've read about the intersection of misogyny and internalised racism in black (and other racial minority) guys, but never seen it in real life, so I'm not sure it'd be appropriate for me to start riffing. :P
DulceDiva
not a newbie

Ok I got ya'll
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic