FairyEve

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
FairyEve
not a newbie
Primary language: English

FairyEve

Unread post by FairyEve »

Hi,

I should introduce myself. I don't live a very exciting life, maybe to some, but to me not really. :o

I used to attend College, did a year not knowing what I wanted to do. I thought I figured it out. I then went back into a third program, but I didn't enjoy it. I realized that sitting in on lectures for two hours at each class for my 4 classes bored me to death. I found little to no purpose. I made the responsible choice and dropped out of College to pursue what I actually would like to do. I was in denial for years. So, right now I am continuing with my job that I've been working for, for a year now. I honestly love it, best minimum wage job I've ever had.

What I actually want to do is be an Electrician (Construction Maintenance), I want to go into the trades and I want to get my Red Seal so I can work anywhere in Canada and hopefully move to Alberta. Currently, I need proper working equipment to gain general labour experience so I am looking for a second job where I can work overnights. I was pretty much in the "trades closet" (that is how it felt when I allowed myself to accept I like working with my hands and lifting things) and told Facebook. :D Since, I am fairly short for my age and being a female, it's mostly for men. On the bonus, positives for being a female and going into a trade is I can get grants and sponsorships because I am a female going into a trade because they want more females in the trades. So, I am using that for a positive advantage to my sex. :lol: (gotta look at things on the lighter humor side).

I recently adopted a puppy from the Humane Society and he is such a trouble maker and loves to chew everything; he is in training. :lol:

Anyways, that is about me.
Emma
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My love of travel and exploration!
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Don't use any :)

Re: FairyEve

Unread post by Emma »

Welcome to the boards, FairyEve! Sounds like you're in a great place, it's great that you're following the path that makes you happy. Have fun with your puppy! :)
"What happens when people open their hearts? They get better." — Haruki Murakami
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Welcome! And kudos for you for pushing past the sexism so often involved with trade work, and using the corrections made for it to your benefit!

It's a pretty big deal to take such a radical left turn, and I think it's great you figured out what you really want and are pursuing it! :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
FairyEve
not a newbie

Unread post by FairyEve »

I am glad that I can now pursue what I wanted to do. Baby-steps is what I need to do. :)

It was hard to see what I wanted to do, hands on, rather lectures and book work. Always learning new things about myself. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic