Vaginal cysts

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Kaleigh_
Awesomeness Quotient: My easiness to laugh
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Vaginal cysts

Unread post by Kaleigh_ »

So me and my boyfriend had sex yesterday and everything was normal and worked well but I woke up this morning and felt a tenderness on my vagina. I went to the bathroom and checked in the mirror and saw redness and it felt like a knot on the inside of my labia. I researched what it was and many sources said a vaginal cysts. I don't want to go to the doctor so what should I do?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Vaginal cysts

Unread post by Heather »

Welcome to the boards! :)

Almost always, vulval and labial cysts are benign, and there's really nothing to do about them. They also will tend to settle down over time so they're not big deal, even if after that time, you can still feel traces of them. Too, this can also be something like an ingrown hair or infected pore. Again, nothing for a doctor to do about those, either.

What you can do is just stick to loose clothing and undergarments made of natural fibers, and you may find a warm compress helps with any irritation, and to shrink it down. You also want to stay away from anything that causes friction to the area -- genital sex, including masturbation, riding a bike, etc. -- while it's so irritated.

If, over the next couple weeks, it keeps getting bigger or is causing you pain, then it's time to take this to a healthcare provider.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic