I’m a kinky teen

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
galixygirl69
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m kinky lol
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Pan, sub

I’m a kinky teen

Unread post by galixygirl69 »

I’m trying to figure how to navigate being in high school and hearing all the uneducated people make fun of D\s relationships or just bash them even though they know nothing about it. It’s so hard to hear especially knowing that on the weekends I always see my dom and things are great but hearing people say the things they do just makes it so hard for me to want to be myself.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I’m a kinky teen

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi galixygirl69,

It can for sure be hard when we hear people being ignorant or judgemental of things we enjoy or that are important to us. And BDSM is something where a lot of people's basic understanding of it is shaped by media that tends to portray it in a narrow or inaccurate way, so their commentary isn't coming from a place of much, if any, nuance. Is there a particular kind of support you're looking for from us around all this?
galixygirl69

Mostly just people who may be going through the same thing or just people who understand that I can talk to
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it. I know we have other users who have shared similar feelings, so hopefully some will chime in here!

Too, if it would be helpful, we could also talk about ways to make it less likely that these kinds of comments will get under your skin.
galixygirl69

That would be helpful
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay!

So, one thing that can be helpful is to remind yourself of what I mentioned before: a lot of people for their opinions about BDSM and related topics based on some pretty limited information. Remembering they're likely speaking from a place of ignorance can make it easier to ignore their comments.

Too, when it comes to feeling judged about our sexual choices, it can help to remember whose thoughts on them do and don't actually matter. You and your partner are in charge of how you want to navigate a sexual relationship together (and I'm assuming your partner is the same age as you, but please correct me if I'm wrong), because you're the two people effected by it. Some random person's opinion matters a whole lot less, you know?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic