Pins & Needle feeling on clit..

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Ginger!!
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Pins & Needle feeling on clit..

Unread post by Ginger!! »

Hello again. 2 days ago I touched myself & came 3 times, I’ve never done that before. When I woke up the next morning my clit was extra sensitive & “nervy.” I want to play with myself again but I don’t know if I should. When/how do you typically determine when your body needs a break from stimulation? (Also i masturbate using the orbiting method so that may have something to do with it?)
My mind starts to wander & I begin to worry that I may have caused nerve damage, it’s not exactly pain just kind of pinchy?? And i took a look at my clit & it doesn’t look like it’s swollen or irritated, i just need the reassurance because I really do enjoy my alone time and hate the thought that I may have ruined my clitoris nerves, haha. Oh also adding that I only get this feeling when my clit is touched. Thank you !!
Willa
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I think I am silly and love making ppl laugh
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual woman

Re: Pins & Needle feeling on clit..

Unread post by Willa »

Hi Ginger!!

Clit sensitivity after masturbation is normal, especially if you are masturbating in a way that is touching or rubbing the clit directly because it is such a sensitive area of the body. A good rule of thumb for this sort of thing is if you are attempting to masturbate and it is causing pain or discomfort, it is a good idea to hold off or touch some other part of the body until those feelings subside. This is not because you are going to cause nerve damage or something of that nature (desensitization of the clit from "over masturbating" is largely a myth) but instead because masturbation is about doing what feels pleasurable and comfortable. This source touches on vibrators specifically but also does a good job discussing this myth in more depth: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advi ... ensitivity
You can also incorporate a type of lube which may help with some of the discomfort from friction you are experiencing.
Ginger!!
not a newbie

Is it most likely this feeling will go away within a week or few days? I’m just anxious it’s results will be semi permanent especially since I’ve never really experienced a weird pinch after masturbation. It’s very new & I appreciate the reassurance you provided ! Thanks.
Willa

Unread post by Willa »

I can't say for certain how long the pain will last and also can not diagnose you in this setting. I would say take a break from clitoral stimulation for the moment and if the pain does not go away or decrease/if new symptoms arise then that would be the time for get help from a health care provider.

However, this sensation is not abnormal for someone masturbating more than normal- as it seems like this time was for you. I also urge you to take a look at the source I linked you to calk some of those anxieties about "semi permanent" damage- which is very unlikely from what I have read.
Ginger!!
not a newbie

So there most likely isn’t anything to worry about & it’s normal?
Willa

Unread post by Willa »

Yes. Just keep an eye on it over the next couple of days. If this is something that is causing you anxiety or you feel fixated on, we can also discuss ways to understand and deal with that as well.
Ginger!!
not a newbie

Your reassurance definitely helped ease my irrational worries. I appreciate your patience, sophisticated answers, and kind service. I felt very heard & understood. Thank you again, I hope your day is going good!
Last edited by Ginger!! on Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willa

Unread post by Willa »

I'm so glad ! Let me know if you need any other assistance and have a good day as well !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic