My penis looks different

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Tanc
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him

My penis looks different

Unread post by Tanc »

I'm 16 and I'm worried about how my penis looks. It's bent downwards like U-shaped when it is erect. Is this because I used to masturbate with my pants on while the penis was still erected and obstructed to stand straight or??....
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: My penis looks different

Unread post by Heather »

Hi there, Tanc.

Chances are good that this is nothing to worry about: more penises have some bend to them when erect than not. It's not because of anything anyone did, it's just because the way erection works (effectively, tubes within the penis filling with blood) and the way that bodies aren't linear, this is a normal variation.

If, however, you feel pain with erection, then it's a good idea to check in with a healthcare provider and make sure we're talking about a common variation rather than something being wrong and needing treatment.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Tanc
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him

Re: My penis looks different

Unread post by Tanc »

Thanks a lot!! It made me feel much less worried now....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic