Little to no pleasure from masturbation

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Shadow
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: Highly Sexually Active

Little to no pleasure from masturbation

Unread post by Shadow »

Hi, I am 19 years old boy and for the past few weeks, I am experiencing less pleasure from masturbation. I feel heavy in my lower stomach and for me, it seems to inhibit my pleasure. It's like there is a void in my stomach. But I think my whole body is somewhat numb, like less relief from stretching my body or decreased taste of food. Also, I have been on medications for TB for the past one year until July, so, there might be some connection.
Ellie
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a fat liberationist! 💪
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Queer, aspec, kinky

Re: Little to no pleasure from masturbation

Unread post by Ellie »

Hi Shadow,

Welcome to the boards! Before we answer your question, I just want to clarify which age is accurate, since your profile says you are 16.
Shadow

Unread post by Shadow »

I am actually 19 years old. That should be my official age. I had accidently filled it out of habit.
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Shadow,

Thank you for clarifying on your age. It does sound like what you're experiencing with masturbation may be related to a loss of sensation more generally. Have you spoken to a healthcare provider about the fact you're noticing more numbness in your body, and whether that may have anything you do with the medication you've been on?
Shadow

Unread post by Shadow »

No, I have not. But actually, I think the loss of sensation in my body is related to continuous fever I was experiencing before(now cured). My problem is ultimately no pleasure from masturabation since it is the only thing worsening. Every other problem, I am feeling getting better. And I am not sure if it is a physical or psychological problem.
Latha
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Shadow,

I think it is a good idea to check in with a doctor about your symptoms- they'll be able to tell you if this is a side effect of a medication or something similar.

I don't think it is that unusual for people to go through periods in their lives where they feel less pleasure from masturbation. In particular, intensive medical treatments can really alienate us from our bodies. Don't push yourself to masturbate if it isn't working for you right now. Instead, try to be patient with yourself and take small steps. Start by exploring other ways of feeling physical pleasure (like playing a sport or taking a nice bath) to reconnect with your body. When you feel up to it, you can try to experiment with fantasy and different ways of masturbating. Rest assured, this won't last forever.
Shadow

Unread post by Shadow »

Thank you for the advice. I will follow your advice and see if it works for me Or not.

And another thing which I just remember and is similar to my masturbation problem. It is that sometimes, I am unable to sleep despite feeling sleepy. It's as though something is blocking from sleeping me and I felt similar just after masturbation.

Maybe it is due to my health after such heavy medications and being inside home without much activity.

I have already started some light exercises and look if it improves my condition.
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Shadow,

I would say those sleep issues are also something to bring up in that conversation with your healthcare provider. As Latha said, they're going to be the ones who can tell you if certain things are related to your medication and help you determine what other underlying causes of issues might be.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic