No pleasure from clit

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Azulin
Awesomeness Quotient: My writing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Any
Sexual identity: I like everyone

No pleasure from clit

Unread post by Azulin »

I see tips online to stimulate the clit for pleasure and that it’s the best way but when I do it, I don’t feel actual pleasure, it just sends signals into my body that “hey, I want to masterbaute” and that’s that. I’ve found that a specific way of fingering works well for me to explore how it can feel as of now but my clit doesn’t feel much even if my body sorta reacts by getting wet. Is it an age thing or is this something I should talk with somebody specializing in these things?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: No pleasure from clit

Unread post by Heather »

So, I think the first thing to start by knowing is that the clitoris is much bigger than just the glans, shaft and hood that can be seen on the outside. It includes components that surround the vaginal opening and the canal, and also is part of the system that includes the g-spot. So really, if the vagina is involved, the clitoris is also usually involved, and if something vaginal feels good, a big part of that is also about the clitoris.

What I think you are saying is that what you are trying so far with the external clitoris is not, all by itself, what feels satisfying to you, and that when you engage with it, what it seems to do for you is get you more aroused and make you feel inclined to do other things that feel more satisfied. Does that sound right? If so, there's nothing about that that suggests a problem, and I think by and large some of what feels like it might be to you is based on just not understanding the bigger picture.

I do want to add that anyone, anywhere, who says there is one best way for people to masturbate, or one part of the body where most pleasure lives is telling you that they themselves do not have a good understanding of how sexuality, sexual response, and sexual anatomy work. In reality, how people masturbate is very diverse, and our entire bodies can be sources of pleasure (which just means "feeling good" by the way), not just a couple parts of them.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Azulin
Awesomeness Quotient: My writing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Any
Sexual identity: I like everyone

Unread post by Azulin »

Heather wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:50 am So, I think the first thing to start by knowing is that the clitoris is much bigger than just the glans, shaft and hood that can be seen on the outside. It includes components that surround the vaginal opening and the canal, and also is part of the system that includes the g-spot. So really, if the vagina is involved, the clitoris is also usually involved, and if something vaginal feels good, a big part of that is also about the clitoris.
It seems to be much more anatomical then, I haven’t gotten a full understanding of the vagina’s anatomy, just the surface area of where holes are but not a major explanation of how far the clitoris extends inside the body too. This definitely makes me feel better though and educational too on things nobody has taught yet, nicely explained, thank you.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Glad to fill you in!

Here's a whole lot more information on that and other related anatomy that should help fill these gaps in for you some more!
With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body
Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic