is it normal to can't stop thinking abt an old crush?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
el298
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

is it normal to can't stop thinking abt an old crush?

Unread post by el298 »

almost 3 years ago I had a crush on this straight girl (even though i thought/hoped she was pan), it lasted a few months and then it got away since I found out she had a boyfriend.
then I had another crush and a sort of situationship (?) (we liked each other but nothing happened)
then that crush returned (but it wasn't like the first time, they were more gay panics) + I can't like her bc she says she's an ally but she has some weird behaviours
then it got away again (I didn't have other crushes, just some people that I find cute)
but yesterday due to a game she had to give me a massage and I can't stop thinking about it😀 idk if it's bc I have anxiety so I'm overthinking it or for some other reason😀
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: is it normal to can't stop thinking abt an old crush?

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, El298

Just to clarify, is this all about the same person, or about multiple different people?

It isn't unusual for crushes to take up a lot of attention, so I think it is understandable that you're thinking about her. Do these crushes bother you or make it difficult for you to do other things?
el298
not a newbie

Unread post by el298 »

hi and thank you for replying:)
it's about the same girl, only the sort of situationship was with another person
nono it's more the fact that I can't let myself like her (because she's straight and other stuff)
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Latha »

it's about the same girl, only the sort of situationship was with another person
Ahh, I understand.

Since it isn't bothering you that much, you don't need to be concerned. The crush will probably go away on its own with some time, like it has before.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic