Is she pregnant?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Luigi
Primary language: Spanish
Pronouns: He/him

Is she pregnant?

Unread post by Luigi »

My gf had her period on May 1st, she took the EC pill on May 10th, which was one day before ovulation, and then 1 week after she was bleeding for 3 days (on May 17th to be specific). At the beginning of June she had headaches and she told me that might be ovulation. 3 days ago she vomited and was feeling nauseous (she told me that was because the extreme heat, in fact it’s been highly temperature days, she feels better now). Today is June 17th and we are still waiting for her period, she did a pregnancy test on June 6th and June 16th both negative, my concern is if the bleeding after taking the pill count as her period (the bleeding from May 17th to May 19th)?
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Is she pregnant?

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Luigi, welcome to the boards!

1. I think you can go ahead and trust the results of those two negative pregnancy tests- your girlfriend isn't pregnant.

2. Some bleeding/spotting after taking EC is fairly common- I think you can think of it as a mini period of sorts. Her period being a bit late isn't unusual either- her cycle should become normal within a month or so.
Luigi

Unread post by Luigi »

Thank you for the reply!
She just got her period today, we will be more careful next time, I did not enjoy this stress lmao.
Carly
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Carly »

Hey Luigi -- do you and your girlfriend use any kind of protection? Why did she need to take EC?
Luigi

Unread post by Luigi »

Hi Carly, we used condom as protection but it slipped off a little, we both decided to take the pill just in case. She will go to the doctor to have a better birth control plan.
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Luigi,

I think her checking in with a healthcare provider, especially if she's not feeling confident in the kind of birth control you two are currently using, is a really good next step!

Too, if the condom did not break or come all the way off, you can assume it did it's job. Was the slip you noticed it riding up the shaft a little bit? Or did it slip off all the way?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic