Preparing for anal sex?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
adip0se
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my blue eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: pansexual

Preparing for anal sex?

Unread post by adip0se »

My boyfriend and I were contemplating the idea of having Anal Sex for the first time and I was wondering what I could do to prepare for it? As in, what do I do to make it more comfortable and less painful, is there anything i should do to my body beforehand? Any/All advice is good.
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Preparing for anal sex?

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hey, adip0se, have you seen this article? I think it might be helpful for you and your question. :)

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... ex_lowdown
Keda
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always nice, I just sometimes hide it well
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: Wibbly wobbly sexy wexy

Unread post by Keda »

Also, this isn't explicitly mentioned in the article, but as with any kind of sex - if it hurts (and pain isn't something you're aiming for), it's probably a good idea to stop. Not because you're doing yourself any damage, but just because sex is meant to feel good, not bad. That includes anal sex! The myth that it always hurts for everyone, and people who seem to enjoy it are just putting up with that, is crap.
adip0se
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my blue eyes
Sexual identity: pansexual

Unread post by adip0se »

I heard a rumor that I should empty my bowels beforehand? Is this true and how would I go about doing this?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

Your bowels are a very different thing from the rectus and the anus. While if you defecate before anal sex might be helpful, the rectum and the anus are only the passages of the fecal matter. Nothing gets stored there. So even if you don't go to the bathroom before sex, there is only going to be traces of fecal matter, that's all.

The very important thing with any kind of sex is to feel comfortable with your -- and your partner's -- body and bodily fluids as they are going to be involved always. Vaginal lubrication, semen, sometimes blood… you name it. And yes, sometimes traces of fecal matter if you decide to have anal sex. But to be honest nothing of this should be a problem when people is comfortable with their bodies and the way they work. Using a condom can reduce this a little, and especially with anal sex is always good to wear one to make it more comfortable for the receptive person and to avoid the transmission of STI's.
Bonthrop
not a newbie
Sexual identity: queer/poly

Unread post by Bonthrop »

I'm with Keda. It shouldn't hurt! I found starting out with butt plugs pretty fun. And choose the right lube!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic