My Period is Being VERY odd

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
valililly
not a newbie

My Period is Being VERY odd

Unread post by valililly »

(Please Note.. This is not a pregnancy scare.. I do not believe I am pregnant, nor am I asking about it. It is just want my anxiety thought of-but I am more asking about the normalcy of my period)

My period is super light. At first it was all brown old blood, then it became a light pink, then at one point of the day it became super heavy with blood clots,and now it has settled down to a very very very slow period of mostly brownish-reddish blood. Is this normal at all?

I have been under a lot of stress lately with college applications and starting a new job.I also started exercising more so that could also be reason. I had sexual contact with my boyfriend, but I had my pants on the whole time, and he fingered me, but I do not believe there was any sperm on his fingers. Plus I don't believe that could have impregnated me anyway.

Anyway, this has never happened to me before. Any thoughts? This has gotten my anxiety rolling so bad right now that I can't sleep.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: My Period is Being VERY odd

Unread post by Heather »

What normal is with periods, on the whole, varies a lot, and also tends to be different over time. What you are describing is typical for some people, but would not be for others. Clearly, this is how your period is this time around.

Too, know menses does not clot, as it is not actually blood and the blood it contains is different than other kinds of blood in the body. When people think they are seeing clots, what they are usually seeing is endometrial tissue. Sometimes menstrual flow is more solid than fluid, and that is not cause for concern. Just another way that lining can shed.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
valililly
not a newbie

So do you believe that this is indeed my period starting even though it is very slow this time?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

That is not something I can know. Not a menstrual psychic. :P

But since you are calling it your period, I assume that is because differences aside from other periods, you are thinking it is, and since you know around when you expect them and are calling it a period, I see no reason to presume otherwise.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
valililly
not a newbie

Well I am assuming it is my period as my period is about 2 weeks late, and I do not believe that I can be pregnant from reading the "pregnancy scare" things. From what I have read, It is very very very unlikely to almost impossible to get pregnant from fingering even if there was precum on his fingers (which I highly doubt as he did wipe his hands before doing anything). I have never had sex, so like .000000000000000000000001% chance I am pregnant (Correct me if I am wrong)

SO I guess the only logically explanation would me being on my period... so hopefully this is true.

Thank you for the help.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic