Sex drive in a COVID winter

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Alexa
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: i make the world's best pancakes!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her/ella
Sexual identity: queer, pansexual

Sex drive in a COVID winter

Unread post by Alexa »

Hey y'all. I'm someone who really cherishes my sexuality (obvs, since I'm here!) and it has been really hard sometimes to navigate how the pandemic has affected my sex drive. I'm locked inside, away from social/flirty situations; I'm wearing mostly sweatpants so I'm not super feeling myself (even though my partner tells me that they are feeling it!); and I think that my usual winter depression is just amplified by everything going on. That's not to paint too dark a picture -- I'm also having plenty of happy & fulfilling moments, alone and with my partner -- but this winter has definitely been harder than others.

Have y'all found any good ways of affirming/feeling yourself, and/or romancing in quarantine?
Alexa K.
Scarleteen Team
ams5694
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a stained glass artist!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Re: Sex drive in a COVID winter

Unread post by ams5694 »

So, I'm not sure if my suggestions will be useful depending on how you are implementing COVID practices, but I'll put some stuff out there!

First thing that comes to mind: Is getting an AirBnB in your city an option? My partner and I have done this for a few special occasions since COVID began, along with getting takeout from a fancier restaurant. It's been a nice way to feel like we're getting away and doing something outside our routine, and has definitely felt ~romantic~.

Some other ideas off the top of my head:
-If getting an AirBnB isn't an option, maybe plan an at-home date night? Dress up, light some candles, and order fancy takeout or cook a meal together.
-Make a sexy to-do list of some new things you'd like to try with your partner and pick nights to try them.
-Maybe since the sweatpants don't feel sexy, try to wear "normal" clothes, do makeup (if that's your thing), etc. at least a few times a week, just to ~feel yourself~ a little.

If I think on it a bit, I may come up with a few other ideas, too! Good luck! :)
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Sex drive in a COVID winter

Unread post by Sofi »

These are awesome suggestions! I tried some of these with my partner as well and they definitely helped. It also just helps knowing so many of us are feeling this way and are in this together.<3
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic