Is my ocd severe or mild?

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Rachel 1
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Im kind and good at drawing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She or her
Sexual identity: Female

Is my ocd severe or mild?

Unread post by Rachel 1 »

From what I explained in post i have washed my hands a lot the therapist hasn't gaven me the report or the diagnosis on the paper so im not sure if its severe i did get a diagnosis of ocd and social anxiety and I think there was times i repetitively washed my hands for a hour or even half an hour because of intrusive thoughts. I guess I can worry about germs sometimes if I want to wash my hands again over touching certain things and i get this feeling on my hands i don't like ethier but im not actually afraid of germs especially if there's times I care more about things being gross than germs alone the truth is there's germs on a lot of stuff some germs are good for us that's why I need germs because I've washed my hands so much before. Plus I have sexaule thoughts that stress me out that can be about incest two examples is what was distressing for me was thinking that I molested my cousin or sexaully assaulted someone or It can be images i don't want to think about.
Last edited by Rachel 1 on Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Is my ocd severe or mild?

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Rachel 1,

We're not mental health professionals, so we can't give out diagnoses or tell you whether your OCD is severe or mild. Do you think you could talk to your therapist about clarifying your diagnosis? You could ask them to make a note of it in your medical records.

Do you have a process for calming or distracting yourself when you start to have intrusive thoughts?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic