Do I have to clean the washing machine if it got period blood on the washing machine?

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Rachel 1
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Im kind and good at drawing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She or her
Sexual identity: Female

Do I have to clean the washing machine if it got period blood on the washing machine?

Unread post by Rachel 1 »

I think I was sending nudes when I was on my period on the washing machine which is why I got blood on there in the first place.
I didn't even correctly clean it I just wiped the blood off with water because I just didn't think it was a big deal back then. I obviously do care about it now of why I wanted to text about this situation. I think I have licked my own period blood before which is werid I know it is. I still wonder why I did that sometimes? the only reason I can think of is that I just wanted to taste my own period blood so it can be out of curiosity for sure but if I did it way more than once that can be different than being curious it seems like I enjoy it which I actually dont enjoy kicking my period blood. I think i licked my period blood that one time to see if its my period especially if i thought i started my period which is what i remember being one of the reasons. even if period are normal it still grosses me out thinking I licked my period blood. People do still believe period blood or original blood are both gross so that can be understandable it generally is disgusting to lick your own period blood.
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Do I have to clean the washing machine if it got period blood on the washing machine?

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Rachel 1!

It is good that you wiped it off- you can still clean the washing machine for sanitization purposes. Regarding menstrual blood: you're right that there is stigma against blood from periods, but there shouldn't be any significant harm from ingesting small amounts of it, barring concerns about STIs.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic