I kinda regret wishing he have a crush on someone else

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Epiphanyxx
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I guess editing
Primary language: Mostly English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight but at the same time questioning

I kinda regret wishing he have a crush on someone else

Unread post by Epiphanyxx »

Hello again, since me as usual I am basically figuring out what I am in my life

Not sure which topic fits this so I put it in the etc. topic instead but anyways..

Today i feel a relieve and regret at the same time about this.

Recently this dude i thought had a crush on me finally told who was actually is crush and as obvious, it is someone else. When I saw who it was I was happy at first but right now I feel quite of regret. :cry:

Like at first before he revealed it there were hints that felt like it was directed to me but I was wishing it wasn’t me like at all. Also I got to know him more better last Sunday and he’s been treating me really nice like from what I assumed in a crush way which made me quite like him but it turns out I was overthinking and now knowing it’s someone else.

I am happy and sad at the same since I think I fell for him and he thinks of me as a friend and I hate have feelings ngl (but again I am glad at the same time since I am not really into these relationship stuff anyways for now hahshhshs) (hopefully I can definitely move on from it though)
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: I kinda regret wishing he have a crush on someone else

Unread post by Sofi »

Hi there. What you're describing makes a lot of sense, it's valid for you to be feeling conflicted. You're a good friend for being happy for him; but of course, if you like him, it's normal to feel sad too. It can be confusing to feel both things at the same time, but you're doing a good job at separating it and being a supportive friend to him in his new crush. Do you think you like him so much that it might affect your friendship?
Epiphanyxx
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I guess editing
Primary language: Mostly English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight but at the same time questioning

Unread post by Epiphanyxx »

Well I mean it is not really affecting me rn as I started to accept the fact that no one will have a crush on me and I rarely experience having a crush on someone irl which this experience of realizing someone I like, likes someone else makes me quite sad and I never felt like this ngl.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Epiphanyxx,

You know, that experience of learning that someone you like romantically doesn't like you the same way, but does like someone else romantically, is a really, really common experience. And it's generally one a lot of us first experience in our pre-teen or teen years. That doesn't make it suck less, but sometimes it can help to know that lots of other people have dealt (and are dealing) with the same thing and have come out okay on the other side.

I do want to caution you against taking this as proof that no one will ever have a crush on you. It may feel that way not--and goodness knows I remember feeling that way in high school--but an important thing to keep in mind is that you're 15. You have the majority of your life ahead of you, and the majority of the people you will know, you still have yet to meet. Too, you're at an age where a lot of people, including maybe you yourself, are just starting to dip their toe into the dating world, so there may be people who aren't interested in you know but will be down the line. Does all that make sense?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic