Is it?

Questions and discussion about sexual or other abuse or assault, and support and help for survivors.
Forum rules
This area of the boards is expressly for support and help for those who are currently in or have survived abuse or assault. It is also for those seeking information or discussion about abuse or assault. Please make every effort in this space to be supportive and sensitive. Posts in this area may or do describe abuse or assault explicitly.

This area of the boards is also not an area where those who are themselves abusing anyone or who have abused or assaulted someone may post about doing that or seek support. We are not qualified to provide that kind of help, and that also would make a space like this feel profoundly unsafe for those who are being or who have been abused. If you have both been abused and are abusing, we can only discuss harm done to you: we cannot discuss you yourself doing harm to others. If you are someone engaging in abuse who would like help, you can start by seeking out a mental healthcare provider.
IAmScared
not a newbie
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Is it?

Unread post by IAmScared »

Hello,
I ask to educate myself about abuse,what is and what isn't abuse.
is it sexual abuse if you are not in mental state to say no to sex and you feel disgusted by it and your partner knows it and still asks for sex?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is it?

Unread post by Sam W »

As you know, you've been told we won't keep talking with you about your abuse here, or continue to define the minutia of abuse when we have already given you resources about what is and isn't abuse. We believe you, we always have, but as we have told you in the past, the kind of help you continue to need with this and the headspace you continue to be in with it is simply far outside our abilities and capacity as a service. As we have suggested before, since you generally have had at least one therapist you are regularly working with, we need to remind you again that we still need to refer you to your therapist for help with this. I'm sorry we can't help with this, but I do believe you have at least one person who can and who is actively helping you with this.

As we've said before, we'd be glad to talk with you about other issues, we just have to hold our limit with this one.
Locked Previous topicNext topic