Just mixed emotions about everything

Questions and discussion about sexual or other abuse or assault, and support and help for survivors.
Forum rules
This area of the boards is expressly for support and help for those who are currently in or have survived abuse or assault. It is also for those seeking information or discussion about abuse or assault. Please make every effort in this space to be supportive and sensitive. Posts in this area may or do describe abuse or assault explicitly.

This area of the boards is also not an area where those who are themselves abusing anyone or who have abused or assaulted someone may post about doing that or seek support. We are not qualified to provide that kind of help, and that also would make a space like this feel profoundly unsafe for those who are being or who have been abused. If you have both been abused and are abusing, we can only discuss harm done to you: we cannot discuss you yourself doing harm to others. If you are someone engaging in abuse who would like help, you can start by seeking out a mental healthcare provider.
Dandelion
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Creativity
Primary language: English
Pronouns: her/she
Sexual identity: Bisexual female

Just mixed emotions about everything

Unread post by Dandelion »

Its been a long week. Im really not okay. I want to talk about what happened but Im not sure how. Im a bit worried about pregnancy risk. But Im not sure you can tell this early on from a test. Its been almost 2 weeks since the incident. Im only 3 days late maybe Im just stressing myself. I still havent told anyone besides my friend. I havent been to the doctor. Im afraid. Im really afraid. I wish I wasnt there I shouldnt have been out alone. I want to cry. But I think I'll lose all control if I do.
Amanda
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I ran a marathon!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her or they/them
Sexual identity: pansexual

Re: Just mixed emotions about everything

Unread post by Amanda »

Hi Dandelion,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having a rough time. I know you've been through a lot and it must be exhausting to carry such a heavy burden. As for your period, stress can definitely contribute to a late period, although it's not considered late until 5 days after the day you expected it. An over-the-counter urine test can determine pregnancy accurately only about one week after a late or missed period.

Have you spoken to a victim advocate yet? They are available through any domestic violence or rape crisis center. We can also help you find one in your area. They help with all of the practical and legal matters, depending on what you want or need, and are also incredibly great to talk to. Eventually, too, counseling would be a good option to work through things.

You certainly can't blame yourself. Being out alone is something that everyone should be allowed to do. Moving through the world without being subjected to violence is something we are all entitled to do. We live in a society that blames victims, because people don't want to believe that sexual violence is a problem, or that it could happen to them, when the reality is that it happens to ordinary women--strong, smart, savvy, amazing women--every single day.

I think right now our live chat service would be really great for you, if you have a few moments. We're online right now, so you can just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Live Chat Is Online" button. That way you can chat in real time so we can better help you to work through this.
"We must not see any person as an abstraction. Instead, we must see in every person a universe with its own secrets, with its own treasures, with its own sources of anguish, and with some measure of triumph." -Elie Wiesel
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic