How to get out of this abusive place...

Questions and discussion about sexual or other abuse or assault, and support and help for survivors.
Forum rules
This area of the boards is expressly for support and help for those who are currently in or have survived abuse or assault. It is also for those seeking information or discussion about abuse or assault. Please make every effort in this space to be supportive and sensitive. Posts in this area may or do describe abuse or assault explicitly.

This area of the boards is also not an area where those who are themselves abusing anyone or who have abused or assaulted someone may post about doing that or seek support. We are not qualified to provide that kind of help, and that also would make a space like this feel profoundly unsafe for those who are being or who have been abused. If you have both been abused and are abusing, we can only discuss harm done to you: we cannot discuss you yourself doing harm to others. If you are someone engaging in abuse who would like help, you can start by seeking out a mental healthcare provider.
Ashley.IDK
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Hugs
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: Straight

How to get out of this abusive place...

Unread post by Ashley.IDK »

Hi. My name is Bradley. I am a 15 year old girl who badly needs to get away from my dad who abuses me. I have proof that he's abuse me, i mean scars and bruises by that. Basically my question is how can i do that. I know about the custody thing where I can live with my mom but i know that costs about 2,000 and I don't have that kind of money. So is there anything else I can do ?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: How to get out of this abusive place...

Unread post by Heather »

The best step would be to contact your local department of children and family services. You can also ask a school nurse or counselor to file a report with them on your behalf, if you prefer and are enrolled in school.

If you need help finding that department, we can help you do that if you'll share your zip code.

In the meantime, is there somewhere you can go that's safe for a couple of days, like a friend's house?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Ashley.IDK
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Hugs
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Ashley.IDK »

No, and my zip code is 77066
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

The number to report abuse or neglect listed for your county is: 1-800-252-5400.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic