ughhhhhhh

Questions and discussion about your sexuality and how it's a part of who you are as a person.
26beanbags
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

ughhhhhhh

Unread post by 26beanbags »

hello!! ive recently realized that i am not 100% sure ab my sexuality. for now, i am just going by sapphic (as an umbrella term ((thanks a lot oscar issac :roll: )), but am kinda confused ab my attraction. i dont think i'll ever be happy in a relationship. i feel like i want to be VERY BEST friends with somebody, but when romantic attraction comes into the scenario, i feel like i can only fantasize. i do (very much) experience sexual attraction (to celebrities and such), but no ACTUAL romantic shit. sooooo, is this normal and my mind is suckerpunching me, or am i somewhere on the aro spec. thxx :3
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: ughhhhhhh

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi 23beanbags,

Thank you for reaching out! So, we cannot tell what your sexuality is or isn't, but we can provide you with some information on the aromantic spectrum so you can see if your experiences fit into it. Are you interested in this? Also, I do not think that anything you've expressed is abnormal in any way, as people experience attraction in different ways and there is not one "normal" way to do it. I hope this makes sense.
26beanbags
not a newbie

Unread post by 26beanbags »

i do think there is a possibility i could be on the aro spec! id love to take a look at any info you have <3 thx
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, 26beanbags

Here are some resources:

AUREA: The Aromantic-spectrum Union for Recognition, Education, and Advocacy (They have a lot of resources, I recommend starting with the FAQ)
Am I Aro? (Remember that you don't need to relate to all the statements to be aromantic)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic