am I lesbian or omnisexual??

Questions and discussion about your sexuality and how it's a part of who you are as a person.
kidfromohio
Awesomeness Quotient: idk
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: omnisexual as of now

am I lesbian or omnisexual??

Unread post by kidfromohio »

Am I omnisexual or lesbian? trying to figure myself out. I haven’t seen any other posts exactly like this, so here we go.

I was raised in a conservative household, and had strong beliefs about what was “right,” and “wrong” when it came to sexuality.

When I was eleven, I would come across girls on tiktok, thinking that they were really pretty, or that I wanted to be like them/be their friend, and I would stalk their pages.

When I turned twelve, I soon came to the realization that I actually liked women, and identified as bisexual. (Without my family’s knowledge of course.) A few months later, I realized that I was also attracted to gender fluid people, changing my label from bi to Omni.

I even had a couple long distance girlfriends at the time. (I wasn’t dating them both at once.) but through all of that, I still had a lot of internalized homophobia.

not anymore though.

Now, almost three years later, I think I might be a lesbian?

I’ve heard that it’s common for lesbians to pipeline from bi, to omni/pan, and then finally lesbian.

I’m attracted to men physically and sexually, but definitely not romantically.

I would never pursue a relationship with one, and I’d hate if a guy tried to pursue me romantically. I even feel uncomfortable or slightly upset when I can tell that a guy finds me attractive or flirts with me.

I couldn’t picture myself with a boyfriend, and definitely not a husband.

I could 100% see myself with a girlfriend, and I would love to spend the rest of my life married to a girl.

all of the things I said I didn’t like about guys, I love about girls.

Some girls wear clothes to get male validation, but I do it for girls.

I’ve also had a reaaalllyyyyy big crush on a girl for about a year now.

that was really long, I tried to break It up so it would be easier to read.

Please let me know what you think.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: am I lesbian or omnisexual??

Unread post by Heather »

Hi there, and welcome to the boards!

You know which of these terms -- if either of them do at all -- are right for you really isn't something someone else can tell you, but something for you to decide. If you want a shorthand term for your sexual identity when it comes to the gender of people you feel attracted to, and/or want to be involved with in that way, which of these terms feels best to you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic